This sparkling cocktail has flavor coming from every direction: sweet fruits, stimulating herbs and spices, and a refreshing splash of lemon. Make them for your New Year's Eve party to keep spirits high and the cold away.
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 3 pints fresh raspberries, rinsed
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 1 bottle Barefoot Bubbly Brut
- 1/4 cup freshly cracked black pepper
- 2-3 lemon wedges
- 6-8 fresh thyme sprigs
How To Do It:
- Make simple syrup by heating water and sugar in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Blend the raspberries and orange juice in a blender or food processor until completely smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a fine mesh strainer to remove the raspberry seeds.
- Put the raspberry mixture in a large pitcher and mix with the simple syrup (add more or less simple syrup depending on how sweet you like your drinks),
- Stir in your favorite Prosecco or champagne.
- Mix the black pepper and raw sugar in a shallow dish.
- Run a lemon slice around the rim of a glass, and then dip the glass into the pepper/sugar mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: thecandidappetite.com